More information available at http://www.nlgja.org/about/
· Assist in the planning and promotion of NLGJA’s LGBT Media Summit & National Convention.
· Assist in the planning of NLGJA’s Excellence in Journalism Awards by processing entries and communicating with applicants and judges.
· Handle social media communication and interaction.
· Respond daily to inquiries from press, members, association leaders and the general public.
· Provide support to NLGJA staff on projects involving membership, chapter relations, development and programming.
· Work in a fast-paced office environment and build professional skills that strengthen any résumé.
· Gain hands-on experience in non-profit administration and organization culture.
· Meet some of journalism’s most respected movers and shakers. NLGJA’s 650 members hail from all sectors and market sizes of the media industry, and interns interact with them on a daily basis.
· Receive one year of free NLGJA membership and take advantage of the organization’s networking and professional development opportunities.
Summer internships will be selected on a rolling basis starting May 15.
Please send cover letter, resume, writing sample, and the phone number and names of three references (work and academic) to NLGJA Internship, email@example.com.