Please apply directly to this organization if seeking internship and contact Professor Warren Lerude for credit at 775 784 4192.
Who We Are:
Founded in 2005, Hold Steady Designs (previously Never Designs) is the premier choice for small business owners seeking affordable public relations, advertising and marketing services. Our mission is to provide creative and cutting edge designs as well as effective and reasonably priced marketing services that meet the individual needs of our clients.
Committed to helping our clients reach their goals, we supply them with an unprecedented level of personal attention. We are no cookie-cutter agency and thrive on innovation. Trying new things, having fun with our clients and maintaining a great working relationship between ourselves and the community are all an important part of how we create competitive and compelling marketing campaigns.
In addition to our public relations, advertising and marketing services, we also offer training for those clients who want to learn and be an active part of their campaign. From social media to press releases and Quickbooks to basic computer skills, we are an invaluable resource to our clients. No matter how complex or simple the task at hand may be, we always strive to support and empower our clients, giving them the means to grow and succeed.
Examples of Clients and Creative Involvement:
- Over Yonder Outpost
- Never Ender
- Alsatian Soaps and Body
- Classic Skate Shop
- Monthly Contributor to Reno Tahoe Tonight Magazine
- A minimum 2 years of copy writing experience (may be educational experience) including both print and online copy
- Educational background and/or work experience in marketing and public relations
- Adept at writing original content as well as smart and catchy marketing copy
- Extremely thorough and detail oriented. Must be an eagle-eyed copy editor.
- Must be web savvy and have a working knowledge of local, regional, and national current events focused mainly around small business, art, design and technology
- Must be a creative, out-of-the-box thinker who can develop creative and fresh angles to market a variety of products/services.
- Proficient in WordPress and/or Blogger, social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter; willing to research other platforms as needed.
- Has an understanding of or is willing to learn and/or research local, regional, and national available mediums, both print and web.
- Efficient worker who can produce quality work on a deadline.
- Flexible and able to work successfully in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently and as a team; willing to go above and beyond to get the job done.
- Ready and willing to accept creative direction and constructive criticism, and run with it!
At this time, this is a non-paid internship. Based on performance and ability, intern may receive compensation for specific tasks or freelance job offers with the company as internship progresses.
The company can be flexible with work hours that accommodate the intern’s schedule. Some tasks will require immediate attention, while some may be done as the intern has time. We are flexible with how long the intern needs to fulfill the 150 hour Reynolds School of Journalism requirement. The intern will be supervised by Owner Amber Gutry. Gutry has Bachelor’s degree in Art/Journalism from University of Nevada, Reno, and eight years of marketing and design experience. She has worked for and owned multiple successful small businesses for over 10 years.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter detailing your strongest journalistic trait, favorite things to write or edit and why you think you would be a good fit for Hold Stead Designs to Info(at)HoldSteadyDesigns(dot)com using the subject line: Writer/PR & Your Name. In addition, please include a list of applicable college courses and grades, your internship requirements, suggested start and completion dates, time availability per week, and links to your website/blog and/or a few short writing samples.
If you have questions, or would like more information about the internship, you can contact Amber Gutry at Amber@HoldSteadyDesigns.com